Do you know someone who would never admit to having trouble hearing?
I certainly do.
That’s why we launched our online hearing test. It gives more people the opportunity to check their hearing, in the comfort of their home.
An online hearing test is a convenient and easy way to check for hearing loss
I’ve been a hearing care clinician with more than 30 years. I know that encouraging people to take that first step towards better hearing can often take time.
Some people are embarrassed to admit they have a hearing loss. Others worry about how they’ll look wearing hearing aids or how much they’ll cost.
Around 3.95 million Australians have some level of hearing loss (that’s almost 16% of the population). It’s a fact that around 50% of people with a hearing loss are not receiving the treatment they need. Whether that’s access to hearing aids, cochlear implants or other hearing care.
More men are affected by hearing loss
It’s also true that men, who are often affected by working in noisy environments, are less likely to come in for a hearing check.
An in-person clinical hearing test by a qualified hearing clinician has traditionally been the best way of checking for hearing loss.
But some people are reluctant to commit to an appointment for one reason or another.
I get it.
Having to organise an appointment and take time out of your busy schedule can be inconvenient.
So, when the technology was available for people to take their initial hearing check online, it seemed like a great idea.
The advantages of our online hearing test
- It’s free. Hard to beat that!
- It’s convenient. You can do your hearing test at home or wherever you have access to a computer or mobile device (your phone or tablet).
- It’s easy to use. The step-by-step instructions make your hearing test easy to do.
- You’ll have a result within minutes. It’s also quick to complete and you’ll have almost instant results.
Why is having a hearing test so important?
Over the years, I’ve seen how better hearing can improve people’s quality of life. It can make them feel happier and healthier.
I’ve also seen how untreated hearing loss has caused all sorts of issues including:
- A decline in physical and mental health. People who are hard of hearing have a greater risk of experiencing diseases and conditions such as dementia and depression. They also prone to injury through falls.
- Difficulties communicating with family, friends and others means relationships suffer. People can become more isolated.
- People who have trouble hearing at work find their career and even their income can suffer.
The upside of seeking help about hearing loss can be:
- A better social life
- Improved mental and physical health
- Higher earnings and more likely to be employed
An online hearing test developed by hearing experts
Making it easier for people to do something about their hearing loss is important.
Our online hearing test has been developed by hearing experts as a simple way of checking your hearing. It’s a quick, reliable test that gives you your results within minutes.
If you have any questions about your hearing health, please give us a call on 1300 970 558.