Ensuring that every Australian has access to better hearing is one of the federal government’s key health priorities.
The Office of HSP (Hearing Services Program) provides free hearing tests and hearing aids* to pensioners and veterans, which are available through accredited providers such as My Hearing.
Who is eligible?
You are eligible if you are an Australian citizen or permanent resident, 26 years of age and over, meeting one of the following criteria:
- Hold a Centrelink Pensioner Concession Card
- Hold a Gold Health Repatriation Card
- Hold a White Health Repatriation Card (specifying hearing loss)
- Receive the Centrelink Sickness Allowance
You may also be eligible if you are:
- A dependant of a person in one of the above categories
- An active member of the Defence Force
- A Client of CRS Australia
Benefits provided to clients under the scheme
Most services and hearing aids under the program are free. If your clinical hearing needs require a device outside of these free options, your provider may arrange this with the Office. There may also be situations where you will be asked to pay additional costs:
- “Top-up” devices: Client contributes to the cost in order to obtain more advanced hearing aids
- Hearing aid maintenance program: You can choose to pay a maintenance fee to your hearing services provider each year. This will cover service, repairs and batteries for your hearing device.
- Minor maintenance: You can choose to pay a maintenance fee to your hearing services provider each year. This will cover service, repairs and batteries for your hearing device.
- Replacement fees: If you lose your hearing device or it is damaged, you need to contact your hearing services provider.
How can you apply?
If you believe that you may be eligible, call My Hearing and we can confirm your eligibility.
Not satisfied with your current provider? Relocate to us!
My Hearing consistently receive clients who wish to relocate. The reasons could include:
- A breakdown in trust with their hearing care provider (are they independent?)
- More convenient to come to our clinics for reasons of transport
- Or a host of other reasons
This can be done easily and online. If you have a current maintenance agreement, we will even give you a further 12-months coverage at no additional cost! Call us today and we will help you make the change.
Contact us today!
If you have any questions regarding the HSP Voucher Scheme, or know that you qualify and would like to arrange a free hearing test and consultation, call us today on 08 7522 4235 or use the form found here.